We’re Looking for a
Certified Pharmacy Technician
Responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in many aspects including filling prescriptions, counting medications, packing medication orders, sending drug/supply orders, and checking in orders. Also responsible for managing drug inventory and placing special orders for drugs and supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers inbound calls for patient refills and other general calls
- Assists walk-in customers with prescriptions, providing outstanding customer service
- Conducts outbound patient compliance calls
- Deals with complex insurance billing, prior authorizations, and TARS
- Accurately types prescriptions, retrieves products, counts, pours, or measures, adhering to pharmacy best practices
- Ensures that a licensed pharmacist properly checks all compounding and packing of products prior to product leaving the pharmacy
- Organize recurring monthly refills, and accurately maintain our refill reminder system
- Under supervision of Pharmacist, pulls medications, counts, and fills prescriptions manually
- Maintains inventory of educational materials/medication management kits/welcome packets
- Maintains prescription logs, wholesaler invoices, and other pharmacy records
- Accurately calibrates equipment and documents calibration according to policy
- Retrieves discontinued or expired medications from stock; discards or returns to stock as appropriate; completes corresponding documentation
- Assists with the maintenance of pharmacy refrigerator temperature and cleaning logs, and documents maintenance
- Complies with safety, quality assurance, accreditation, legal, State and Federal regulatory requirements
- Be knowledgeable of products carried in the pharmacy
- Help customers locate over-the-counter stock
This is a full-time position.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.